How to Invest in bitcoin in India
If you are planning to trade cryptocurrencies in India, you need to download a reliable cryptocurrency exchange app. All of these apps are equipped with all the necessary features to help you make safe and secure cryptocurrency trades in India. Let us give you our Top 5 Best app for cryptocurrency in India.
The Bitcoin & other cryptocurrencies are the digital or practical currency that uses cryptography for protection.
Because of the safety element, the cryptocurrency is difficult to fake. Some cryptocurrencies are decentralised networks, a distributed ledger imposed by a different computer system, utilising blockchain technology. The cryptocurrency’s distinguishing attribute, and arguably its greatest appeal, is its vital world; it is not operated by any central entity, making it potentially immune to intrusion or exploitation by anyone. Learn more on how to invest in Cryptocurrency here.
Best Cryptocurrency exchange in India
- There are plenty of apps for Cryptocurrency in India. Before, going to the best cryptocurrency exchange, let’s have a look at some of the options.
- WazirX- Launched in 2015 by three Indian brothers Sachin, Sathvik, and Vishal Kulkarni, the platform facilitates the trading of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies.
- Coinswitch- Coinswitch was incorporated by software engineer Prasanth Pandurangan in July 2017, and its CEO Krishna Kumar is the former CTO of Zebpay. The company provides another trading platform for a wide range of cryptocurrencies, allowing users to trade any of the cryptocurrencies directly with one another. It offers the same order types and currency pairings that are offered by its competitor, WazirX.
- WalletMate – uses multi-signature technology to enhance the security of crypto investments. Founded in 2017, WalletMate’s crypto exchange is also one of the first to allow the conversion of various cryptocurrencies to rupees directly, without leaving the app. It supports real-time BTC and ETH exchanges.
- Digitalx A partner of the Indian Bank, Digitalx uses a KYC verified process, powered by a Bitcoin wallet that encrypts and stores customer’s Bitcoin or Ether deposits. It is available on Android and iOS.
- TokenExpress TokenExpress uses a multilingual interface and offers mobile-optimized web for seamless transactions. It provides a 30-day money-back guarantee to its users.
- CoinEx The Indian crypto exchange by CoinEx uses Bitcoin’s payment channels to conduct P2P transactions without account registration or KYC. Their entry into the cryptocurrency world has shaken the market. By launching the service, the company has won the hearts of Indian traders.
- CryptoGram Founded in 2017, CryptoGram is a promising one among the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in India. The exchange is currently looking to integrate with Indian banks in order to facilitate banking and banking APIs and to integrate with third-party payment providers and companies to improve its merchant payments capabilities. CryptoGram plans to bring the entire crypto exchange experience to one place.
- Bitbns, as the name suggests is based out of Mumbai. The exchange provides the user with several features such as its intuitive interface, trust and safety in trading, easy deposits and withdrawals of fiat currency. Bitbns offers to order books and 24-hour trading through its state of the art API and more. Bitbns is available on iOS, Web and Android.
- Mazakor Mazakor was launched in 2017 by a major international chain, Fast Retailing Company Limited. It is one of the first cryptocurrency exchanges in the country to offer premium paid services. It offers online and offline mobile wallet services as well as bitcoin futures to meet the need of a healthy cryptocurrency ecosystem.
There are many more best apps to buy cryptocurrency in India, let’s pick the best ones among them.
Two types of cryptocurrency exchanges
In general, bitcoin exchanges are popular in India because they offer some degree of anonymity and safety. A crypto exchange allows you to go through some financial transactions on your own without being identified or added to a report by the concerned authorities. There are two types of cryptocurrency exchanges in India: a peer-to-peer exchange and a centralized exchange.
Peer-to-peer exchanges allow users to find people who want to exchange cryptocurrencies on their own, but a centralized exchange ensures greater trust and security. While a centralized exchange also offers anonymity to its users, it uses a more complex procedure for the verification of transactions, which is seen as a superior approach. As per WazirX, it offers its customers many online tools and uses security measures.
Best app for cryptocurrency in India
WazirX Founded in 2017, has an affiliation with Binance which is the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume which increases the credibility of wazirX. The exchange promises security and multilingual support. WazirX’s P2P system simplifies the process of depositing and withdrawing fiat currency by auto-matching a buyer with a seller and ensuring safety and speed in trades. It is available on Android, iOS, Web, Mac and Windows.
A cryptocurrency trading platform based in India, WazirX allows traders to trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, NEM, Dash, and Cardano. Users of WazirX are also provided with easy to use tools. These tools are a good starting point for beginners in cryptocurrency. These tools include a user-friendly interface, free trading accounts, a wallet, as well as educational tutorials on cryptocurrency trading.
Buy, sell and transfer across various platforms in a decentralized manner. It uses Bitcoin’s multi-sig architecture for protection.
WazirX is one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges app for India. WazirX, a cryptocurrency trading app for India, allows you to make money from crypto trading. You need to register on WazirX and complete your initial trading sessions to get started. You need not look elsewhere when you want to seek help. Just open the WazirX app and you can easily contact the company for any assistance you might need.
What sets WazirX apart from other exchanges is:
- its highest no. of cryptocurrency pairs among all the platforms offering rupee pairs.
- Another great feature of WazirX is its STF. Smart token fund (STF) is quite similar to mutual funds. A beginner who has no idea how to invest and choose coins to buy can find smart traders and let them grow their cryptocurrency portfolio.
- It has a affiliation with the Binance exchange which increases its credibility, which allows you to send USDT for free to trade on Binance.
- You may also get a 50% discount on trading costs if you pay using #wrx, the Wazirx exchange’s native token!
- WazirX offers new trading competitions in which you can easily enter and win prizes. It also has new coins and projects to offer. It lists new tokens and projects faster than others.
- WazirX features an auto-matching P2P engine for Indian customers that allows them to deposit and withdraw in their own currency, INR.
Coinswitch is an Indian cryptocurrency exchange and mobile app provider operating since 2017 that allows users to trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, NEM, etc.
CoinSwitch, which has been operating for the past three years, launched its trading desk in January 2018. CoinSwitch has grown on a daily basis and has expanded its services.
Coinswitch is a promising cryptocurrency exchange that enables cryptocurrency transactions for a variety of platforms. Investors can purchase and sell their cryptocurrencies. It also offers attractive options such as discounts on fees, automatic cashback, and multiple withdrawal options.
The Coinswitch app allows traders to connect to the Coinswitch trading platform. It is available in nine different regional languages.
It operates both in India as well as the Indian subcontinent. Supporting 300+ coins and 45,000+ pairs. Depending on the exchange you choose for your transaction, CoinSwitch charges a fee ranging from 0% to 0.49 percent.
Provides email support on [email protected] with a usual reply time of 15 minutes.
Zebpay is an Indian bitcoin exchange that is used to trade Bitcoin and Ethereum. They are also an Indian instant crypto-banking service that allows users to deposit and withdraw cash into their bank accounts.
Zebpay is the first cryptocurrency exchange in India that has added Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Bitcoin Gold (BTG), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), Bitcoin SV (BSV), and Ethereum Classic Classic (ETC) among others.
Zebpay is India’s leading cryptocurrency exchange and India’s first fully licensed bitcoin exchange.
It is one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchange platforms in India. The platform enables users to make payments for online shopping, purchase games, movies, and more. In terms of fees, Zebpay charges a 0.15% maker fee (limit order), 0.25% taker fee (market order) and 0.10% for Intraday commission on all transactions.
Zebpay is the fastest-growing online exchange in India, as the company already services 200,000 customers. The exchange offers users an impressive currency conversion platform, and users can pay by cash, debit card, mobile money, or bank transfer. It has developed a suite of powerful tools, such as customized mobile apps that help users find and send bitcoin quickly and easily, a unique live chart visualization tool, a wallet that provides users with an exchange wallet for storing bitcoin, litecoin, and Ethereum safely, a user-friendly trading platform, and other tools.
Note: Zebpay charges a monthly membership fee of 0.00001 BTC or its equivalent but there is a way to avoid this fee by making at least one trade every month or by making no-fee pair (like crypto-crypto) trade.
CoinDCX, the Mumbai based cryptocurrency exchange that partnered with DCX- a Singapore based company, is one of the popular options with crypto investors and a great exchange for bitcoin traders, investors, exporters, merchants, and payment providers. It is a feature-rich, open-source platform. It aims at the customers of both registered and unregistered businesses. The exchange can be accessed from India, the USA, Australia, South America, UK and Canada.
CoinDCX is a reliable cryptocurrency exchange in India that enables individuals to trade bitcoin, ripple, ethereum, litecoin, and bitcoin cash for rupees. Its users can exchange more than Rs. 5 million per day, meaning it has plenty of liquidity. CoinDCX also offers a customised trading experience that is exclusive to users of its platform.
You can either deposit cash or transfer Bitcoin to your accounts on CoinDCX. The user experience is outstanding as it has very little user disruption for what was considered to be one of the most difficult and daunting processes of the crypto world. The platform offers 24/7 customer support by live chat or by email.
CoinDCX has earned the title of being the fastest growing cryptocurrency exchange in India, according to the first round of Bitcoin India Ranking 2018.
It is available on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS. The exchange is well equipped with live chat, and you will be guided with multiple modes to deposit, withdraw, deposit/withdraw at different rates and also no deposit fees. The coinDCX team is customer-centric. They are always on-call and offer support with regard to every request from customers. The exchange also offers demo experience, educational videos, white-labelled screenshots and sample contracts.
CoinDCX is the first regulated cryptocurrency exchange in the South East Asian countries and was recently acquired by Coinsilium. The company offers users a full suite of digital trading and technical analysis tools as well as a developed in-house trading engine.
It is free to use trading platform offering 10% daily rewards and 0% trading fees. Besides its zero-fee model, the website also offers a 24/7 customer support.
CoinDCX offers support for new cryptocurrencies that are added to the platform as well. The website says that traders can deposit as much as 10,000 rupees worth of digital currency per trading session.
Coinspot offers over 30 cryptocurrencies for trading in a private testing mode with Zebpay. Coinspot operates over 30-45 brokers every single day with their 24/7 customer service and lets traders choose the digital currencies that they want to trade on their platform
Binance, which is Asia’s biggest exchange has become a household name and has a huge customer base in India. This is also the highest traded exchange in India, says Binance. This will become a huge thing for the industry, more so if users get to withdraw more than 0.1 BTC in India.
It provides exchange services for Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Monero, Zcash, and Ripple, Bitcoin. The exchange also allows its users to trade into fiat currencies such as Indian Rupees, Chinese Renminbi, U.S. Dollars, and Euros.
Binance: The New Number One Bitcoin Exchange.. Binance is the world’s largest crypto exchange by trading volume with a daily trading volume of more than $3.5 billion. The platform provides 24/7 customer support and its currency pairs include BTC/JPY, BTC/USD, BNB/USD, BNB/CNY, BNB/EUR and ETH/JPY. The company also provides advanced trading features such as Multi-Sig, with a 50% fee reduction.
WazirX, Coinswitch and Zebpay can be considered the best cryptocurrency exchanges in India. Zebpay has more than 4 million active users, CoinDCX has around more than two million users, WazirX had more than 6.5 million accounts, Coinswitch had more than 4.5 million users accounts.
Why should you use a cryptocurrency exchange?
One of the major reasons why you should use a cryptocurrency exchange is that it will help you to monitor the price of cryptocurrency and it will also help you to track your transactions.
Why choose WazirX over other exchanges?
- Low trading fees (0.2%)
- Secure features such as multilingual support
- Top market share in India
- Lots of talented employees
- Built for safety and security
- Secure multi-language support
- Acquisition of WazirX, the exchange is now owned and operated by Binance Holdings.
Which Crypto exchange exchange is best for you?
No matter what option you choose, it is best to stay away from unverified exchanges. Nowadays, the price of cryptocurrency is fluctuating every day, making it highly susceptible to uncertainty. So, always use a crypto exchange with established support. At the same time, always invest in crypto responsibly and do not mine for crypto. These will take your capital away for quite some time.
Which options are best for you
Zebpay and Coinswitch offer the largest range of options for the buying and selling of cryptocurrency. Customers can buy bitcoin and ether using both online as well as offline methods. WazirX offers trading on the most popular cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, ethereum, dash, litecoin, and btc. However, it only accepts payments in Indian Rupees.
Coinswitch offers trading of most cryptocurrencies, with some minor differences in currency availability. It accepts payments in a wide variety of cryptocurrencies. This report offers a brief overview of the current bitcoin exchanges in India and why they may be a good place to trade bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. Fees of Bitcoin Exchanges Coinbase charges a minimum fee of 0.
Best for beginners
Zebpay is a user-friendly bitcoin exchange that was initially created to promote blockchain technologies. The platform also offers other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and Ethereum. It is compatible with all mobile devices and the website has a responsive design so it should be up-to-date with the latest technology.
Zebpay offers a hassle-free experience as it has a few useful features including the ability to exchange crypto and make transactions using credit cards or bank accounts, thereby avoiding transaction charges. It also has a no withdrawal limits policy. Moreover, it allows users to buy or sell coins at the best available exchange rates. Cost-effective Codeswitch is another cryptocurrency exchange that offers easy transactions and serves the needs of the masses.
Best for traders
These are the best cryptocurrency exchanges in India that traders can choose from: Coinbase Coinbase is an international Bitcoin wallet and exchange that allows traders to buy, sell, and store Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Investors can buy and sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies using Coinbase’s simple to use trading platform. The platform’s interface offers easy access to multiple sources of news and information, allowing investors to quickly make an informed decision. Trading is very easy on Coinbase, as customers can exchange as much as they would like. Alternatively, investors can also choose to purchase bitcoin with their debit or credit card.
Best for Indian Rupee transactions
WazirX was launched in 2013 and was one of the first to receive regulatory clearance in the country. However, it may be best known for its dealings in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Its exchanges can accept deposits and withdrawals in rupees and is currently being operated from a residential home in India. The company states that it is “proactive” and claims to have “zero abuse cases for investors,” according to CoinTelegraph.
WazirX uses a mobile-first app and has a clean interface and intuitive trading tools. As mentioned, the company was purchased by Binance for $20 million in November 2017. Bitcoin trading platform Coinswitch is the only exchange in India that has bank accounts that are linked to the customers’ accounts.
A bitcoin exchange is a trading platform that facilitates the trading of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies by investors. In India, the best cryptocurrency exchanges include WazirX, Coinswitch, CoinDCX, Zebpay, and Coinspot. WazirX is a cryptocurrency trading platform based in India that was subsequently purchased by Binance and offers traders a variety of options.